About only 3% of the women population become victim to the ovarian cancer. However, this low percentage is equally threatening than a higher figure would be. Studies have reported that ovarian cancer in females has been most fatal till date than any other cancer in female reproductive organs.
To begin with, ovarian cancer is the formation of a tumor in any part of the ovary; tumor – an uncontrollable multiplication of the cells. Let us have a quick look into the few causes of the ovarian cancer:
Factors leading to Ovarian Cancer:
- Firstly, cancers are almost always linked to an inherited condition. Most of the patients diagnosed with ovarian cancer had had a family history who had a gene mutation in other organs that lead to cancers such as breast cancer or uterine cancer.
- Secondly, this cancer is often also called “silent killer” as it does not show any significant symptoms in its initial stages for the victim to take serious notice of. Women over 65 years of age, in their post-menopausal stage contract ovarian cancer more than the younger ones.
- Other than this, causes such as Hormone Replacement Therapy, obesity, endometriosis, and linkages to total number of ovulation increases the risk of women contracting this fatal disease.
Recently, ovarian cancer has also been linked to douching as one of the individual agent. A national U.S study shows that women who reported douching almost doubled their risk of developing this cancer. Previously, douching has also been associated with diseases such as yeast infection, pelvic inflammatory disease and ectopic pregnancies. This article elaborates on douching and its immediate link to ovarian cancer: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/07/29/ovarian-cancer-risk-nearly-doubles-in-women-who-douche.html
Interfering with the nature’s balance is bound to bring harm to yourself. Being self-cleaning and purifying, it does no good to deliberately clean the organ for whatever reason. There are products that provide nutrient supplements to the vagina and can safely be used to facilitate the self-purification process. Women can use such products who dwell heavily on hygiene to benefit them in ways more than one.
Carrying on, to make it easier to recognize this silent killer, let us now look into the symptoms (as complained to be low-profile) that the patients have often attributed to ovarian cancer. Avoiding the cause, you can still attempt at saving your life through immediate treatment once the cancer has been diagnosed; cases as such have been successful, so cheer up!
- Pain in pelvis, lower side of the body, lower stomach and back pain.
- Indigestion or heartburn.
- Feeling full in the tummy quite rapidly when taking meal.
- Urgent and frequent urination.
- Constipation and pain during sexual intercourse.
As the cancer will progress, symptoms will develop into:
- Weight loss and loss of appetite.
- Fatigue and breathlessness.
When it comes to the treatment of this cancer, there have been several ways introduced. Ovarian cancer is contracted quite easily as compared to other cancers, having a strong relation to a number of factors that women undergo or experience at some point in their lives. Surgery, chemotherapy, a combination of surgery with chemotherapy, and sometimes radiotherapy are utilized to treat the cancer and prolong the surviving days of the patient as far as possible.
Fortunately, there is a relatively very low figure of percentage recorded of women contracting this cancer. By carefully avoiding the causes discussed above, looking gravely into the onset of early symptoms of major and minor pains, and hoping for the best in worst possible times, you can come back to your life as a fighting survivor.
Writing Credits: ‘Staghorn’